Seeking an individual who helps make the collections available online via a finding aid and can delegate tasks to committee members.
This is a volunteer position
We are a Boston neighborhood museum looking for committed and energetic people who are interested in the history and culture of Boston. The West End Museum is dedicated to the collection, preservation and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston, specifically the immigrant era which dates approximately from 1850 to the destruction of the former West End neighborhood by Urban Renewal in 1958. The Museum is a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization located next to North Station in Boston’s West End.
- Must understand the constraints of a growing neighborhood museum.
- Must have an academic background in archive management.
- Must have experience working in an archive.
- Must have knowledge of Archon and Excel.
- Should be able to work with a staff of volunteers.
- Strong work ethic.
- Able to commit to 10 hours a week.
To apply, please send a CV and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, contact us 617-723-2125 or visit our website thewestendmuseum.org.